Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bootstrapping ..

[A bit of an abrupt start but while there are many tips on blogging on the net, there is none on how to write the first post! :)]

Year 2008 has been sort of unique for me, in the sense that it has placed me in the public forums on more than one occassion. It all started in Feb 08 with Microsoft Office Developer Conference when we got opportunity to present SharePoint, Silverlight, Live Services based Travel Portal Solution in John Graham's Real World track. At the same conference, got in front of the camera for the first time and appeared for an 'OBA (Office Business Applications) Interview'. In the middle of year, was randomly interviewed at Worldwide Partner Conference in Houston as a supporting cast [without any title credits :)]. Later in the year at Microsoft's Professional Developer Conference, spent some time with Channel 9 talking about just launched technologies, my organization Blue Star Infotech and such. And finally, this webinar - on practical guidance for S0ftware-as-a-Service companies to take their business to the next level.

Not sure how much all of these has helped the respective audience, but it has helped me overcome my stage fright- to some extent. While I have been doing presentations to customers, prospects and such for living for years now, this is a different ball game altogether. With an attempt to build upon that, starting this blog - to share my thoughts on technologies (my work), tennis (my passion) and possibly my kids (my life) ... and anything else that compels me enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment